Privacy & Cookies Policy
In line with our internal processes and systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international policies with regard to data protection and user privacy: EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
2. How will we use your information?
We only collect information about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We keep this information secure, and limit the access to such information based on the principle of least privilege.
2.1 Information you submit to us (Contact forms):
- Name (optional), Email address (optional), IP address and any other information you provide in the chat.
- We collect this information for the purpose of responding to your inquiries. If you have shown interest in our product, our sales team might contact you via email or phone to schedule an appointment, to better understand your needs and help you improve your future contract management.
Demo sign-up (here)
- Name, Email address, Phone number, Country, Company name, Company position and any other information you choose to submit.
- We collect this information for the purpose of scheduling a demo with you. Our sales team will contact you via email or phone to make an appointment.
Free trial sign-up (here)
- Name, Email address, Phone number, Country, Organization name, and any other information you submit or enter in the platform.
- We collect this information for the purpose of providing you with a free trial account. Furthermore, our sales team might contact you via email or phone in order to schedule a meeting, better understand your needs and help you improve your future contract management.
- Please also visit our Terms of Service to read our Data Processing Agreement when signing up.
Email marketing subscription
- Email address, country
- We collect this information for the purpose of contacting you with our monthly newsletter, educational information (white papers, guides, articles, webinar/event notification, etc.), and/or product information (product updates, special offers, technical documentation, demo-related information) relevant to your inquiry.
Email contact (via e.g. email@example.com)
- Email address, name, company and any other information that you submit to us through that email.
- We process this information for the purpose of responding to your inquiries. If you have shown interest in our product, our sales team might contact you via email or phone to schedule an appointment, to better understand your needs and help you improve your future contract management.
Remember, you can always opt-out from receiving communication from us, either by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email you received, responding directly to the email (in most cases) or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we (almost) always respond within 24 hours.
2.2 Cookies , Google Analytics and Hotjar
3. Where will we store your information?
If you submit a demo request or submit your information via a contact form on our website (Demo request, Trial account or Chat) some personal information will be stored within this website’s database. This data is currently stored in our Customer Relationship Management system (HubSpot). This information is only accessible by authorized Precisely staff and is not accessible by third parties.
In case of merely informational use of the website, i.e., if you do not request a demo, sign up for a trial or do not submit information to us, we do not collect personal data, with the exception of data transmitted by your browser in order to facilitate you visiting this website. Usually, these are: IP-address, date and time of the request, time zone difference to Greenwich mean time (GMT), content of the request (concrete site), access status/HTTP-status code, respectively transmitted data volume, website, from which the request originates, browser, operating system and its interface, language and version of the browser software.
3.1 Information you submit to us (Contact forms)
- Information submitted to us through the chat function will be stored in Intercom. If you have shown interest in our product and our sales team contacts you, your information will also be stored in HubSpot.
- Information submitted to us for a Demo request is stored in HubSpot.
Free Trial account
- Information submitted to us when you create a free trial account is stored in HubSpot, Intercom and in the Precisely application.
Email marketing subscription
- Information submitted to us when signing up for an email subscription is processed through Intercom and HubSpot.
Contact us per mail
- If you apply for a job or for such purpose connect with us, your information is processed in TeamTailor.
Furthermore, when using the website, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and allotted to the browser you use. By storing a cookie, certain information is transmitted to us, which helps create an overall user-friendlier and more effective website. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses on your computer. Visit http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm to find out more.
- Transient cookies (temporary);
- Persistent cookies (temporary);
- Third-party cookies;
- Flash cookies (permanent).
B. Transient cookies will be automatically deleted, once you close your browser. In particular, these are session cookies. They store a so-called session-ID with which different requests of your browser can be allocated to a common session. Thereby, your computer can be recognized if you return to the website. The session cookies will be deleted once you log out or close your browser.
C. Persistent cookies will be automatically deleted after a predetermined duration that can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security preferences of your browser at any time.
D. You can configure your browser preferences according to your demands and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, should you do so, please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
E. Flash cookies used will not be recorded by your browser, but by your Flash-Plug-in. These cookies store the required data regardless of the browser you use and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish a processing of flash cookies, you need to install the respective add-on.
The saved information will be stored separately from other data possibly given to us. In particular, the cookies’ data will not be linked to your other data.
3.3 Google Analytics
Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to and shortened by a server of Google in the U.S. On behalf of the provider of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the activity of this website and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate preferences in your browser; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and processing of data generated by the cookie (including your IP-address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-G
In addition, you can prevent the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link; an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website, will be set: Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics. Further information regarding the terms and conditions as well as data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/.
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics is supplemented by the code “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so-called IP-masking).
Moreover, we use Google Analytics to analyze data from AdWords for statistical purposes. To prevent this, you can deactivate this use via Google’s ads preference manager (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en).
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
4. Your right to information and revocation
- You have the right to request information from us at all times about the data stored with us in reference to you, as well as their origin, their recipients or categories of recipients, to whom these data are passed on and the purpose of the storage.
- You have the right to correction of your data as well as the right to cancellation under, the right to limitation of processing and the right to data transferability under Article 20 GDPR.
- You also have the right of appeal to a data protection supervisory authority
- If you have given your consent to the use of your data, you can rescind your consent at any time.
Please send all requests for information, disclosure or revocation of data processing by email to email@example.com.
5. Data security
We maintain current technical measures to guarantee data security, in particular, to protect your personal data from threats during data transmissions and from disclosure to third parties. They are being respectively adapted to the current state of the art.
6. How to opt-out or manage your email preferences
You may opt-out or manage your email preferences at any time, either by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the unsubscribe button in an email that we’ve sent to you.
7. Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and we trust in their reliability and IT and data security since all of them comply with the legislation. All of these third parties are based in the USA and have undertaken Standard Contractual Clauses in their respective Data Processing Agreements with us. Data will be disclosed on the basis of the adequacy decision of the European Commission of 12 July 2016 (implementing the decision (EU) 2016/1250).
8. How long do we hold onto personal information?
In correspondence to Art. 5 para. 1 lit. e GDPR, we are endeavored to store personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, taking into account the principle of storage limitation. However, we are obliged to comply with certain legal obligations to retain business documents.
In principle, we will retain personal information for three years for companies that do not progress to a customer.
Information about your right of objection according to Art. 21 GDPR
Right of objection in individual cases
You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, which may be processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR (data processing on the basis of a weighing of interests).
This also applies to profiling based on this provision within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 4 GDPR, which we use for credit assessment or for advertising purposes. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweighs your interests, rights, and freedoms or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The right to object to the processing of data for direct marketing purposes
In individual cases, we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising. If you object to the processing for direct advertising purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection can be made form-free and should be addressed to: email@example.com
Effective date: 2021-06-22